Love handles can be difficult to look at in the mirror! When you can’t fit into the clothes you want… that just hurts. Here are some tips which can help:
- Incorporate strength training: Resistance training can help build muscle and increase metabolism, which can help burn fat and reduce love handles. Focus on exercises that target the oblique muscles in the waist and hip area, such as side planks, bicycle crunches, and Russian twists.
- Cardiovascular exercise: Cardiovascular exercise, such as running, cycling, or brisk walking, can help burn calories and reduce overall body fat, including love handles. Aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity cardio exercise per week. That adds up to 30 minutes a day.
- Eat a healthy diet: Eating a healthy, balanced diet can help reduce overall body fat and support muscle growth. Focus on lean protein, fruits, and vegetables, and avoid processed foods, sugary drinks, and high-fat foods. This also includes coffees that have a lot of added ingredients.
- Reduce stress: High levels of stress can lead to an increase in cortisol, a hormone that can contribute to the accumulation of belly fat. Incorporating stress-reducing activities such as yoga, meditation, or deep breathing can help lower cortisol levels and reduce belly fat.
- Get enough sleep: Lack of sleep can lead to hormonal imbalances that can contribute to the accumulation of belly fat. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep per night to help regulate hormones and reduce love handles.
In the office, we carry a treatment that can really put those love handles on notice. It is synergistic with keeping a healthy lifestyle. The Emerald Laser can take 4-6 inches off your waist with no pain or downtime. Ready to fit into those jeans? Contact us today!